Anna Janiszewska is a photographer, visual and installation artist best known for her photographic work. Having studied at the Institute of Art, Design & Technology in Dun Laoghaire and Ireland’s National College of Art and Design, Anna is interested in using photographic tools and processes to rupture the reality of the everyday, skewing documentary and fiction in order to highlight alternative ways of seeing and experiencing. Over the years her photographic works have been exhibited in many places in Ireland and Poland.
Awards and honours
- 2014, Inspirational Arts Photography Award, Inspirational Arts, Dublin, Ireland
- 2019, Sep 5th – Oct 18th, ‘Light Box’, Curated by Jackie Ball, Sculpture in Context, National Botanic Gardens, Dublin, Ireland.
- 2017, Sep 7th – Oct 20th ‘Kaleidoscopes’, Curated by Jackie Ball, Sculpture in Context, National Botanic Gardens, Dublin, Ireland.
- 2016, June 18th-26th ‘Transience’, Curated by David Beattie, The Annexe – NCAD, Dublin, Ireland.
- 2015, Dec 10th – 14th, ‘We Are Nonetheless Always Under the Influence of GRAVITY’, Curated by Lee Welch, The Annexe – NCAD, Dublin, Ireland.
- 2015, May 20th – 23rd, NCAD MFA Group Show, Introduction by Kevin Atherton, Emmet House, Dublin, Ireland
- 2014, Sep 19th – Oct 17th, ‘Fragments’Culture Night 2014 – Inspirational Arts Photography Award Exhibition, Inspirational Arts, Dublin, Ireland
- 2014, May 22nd – 30th, ‘Ingrained’, Moxie Studios – Independent Museum Of Contemporary Art (IMOCA), Dublin, Ireland
- 2014, Jun 5th – 10th – IADT Graduate Exhibition, IADT Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art Design and Technology, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, Ireland.
- 2014, Sep 14th – Oct 4th, ‘Leaves’– Emerging Artists Exhibition, Curated by Maggie Gallagher, Courthouse Arts Centre, Tinahely, Co. Wicklow, Ireland.
- 2014, Jul 10th – Oct 24th, ‘Pigeon House’, Currated by Alison Baker Kerrigan, Emerging Artists Showcase, The National Centre for Arts & Health – Tallaght Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
- 2014, August , ‘Photostories’– IIUPE 2014 – International Inter University Photography Exhibition, Selected by honourable judges outside of the competition – North South University Photography Club, the Shilpokola Academy, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 2014, Jun 28th – 29th, ‘Illuminations’, Currated by Anna Janiszewska and Sharon Murphy, Pavilion Theatre Dun Laoghaire, Dublin Youth Dance Company, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, Ireland.
- 2012, ‘Silent Moments’, Moxie Studios, IMOCA, Dublin, Ireland.
- 2012, ‘Up the Yard’ – Yard Gallery – Stoneybatter, Dublin, Ireland.
- 2012, ‘Vanishing’– D-Light Studios, Dublin, Ireland.
- 2012, ‘Przestrzen Wyobrazni’ – WBPiCAK Gallery – Fotoplastykon, Poznan, Poland
- 2012, ‘Otworzenie’ – Spotkania z Fotografią Otworkową, Bydgoszcz, Poland
- 2012, ‘Autokreacje’ – Pinhole Photography Exhibition – Urban Gallery BWA, Bydgoszcz, Poland
- 2009, ‘Light Impressions on Leaves’ – NCAD Exhibition 2009