Kety Duran is a Catalan photographer and art director based in Dublin.
Her practice has emerged from her self-exploration and how she identifies herself in the new Irish surrounding landscapes. With an accurate eye for detail and colour, she finds beauty in ordinary situations which through her art, vision and perspective are portrayed in an unexpected way.
The beauty and vulnerability of contemporary masculinity through a female lens is the theme which she has been recently exploring. Her understanding of feminism in relation to masculinity stems from her personal experiences developing visual dialogues for those who identify as men to engage in through self-reflection of masculinity, gender and power.
She balances her artistic practices with fashion commercial and editorial commissions.
Her work is published in public and private Irish and Spanish collections.
- Appears in
- 2022, Photo Museum, Mass Isolation, Darja Zaitsev curator from Photo North, Finland and the Co-director of the Gallery of Photography Trish Lambe: https://photomuseumireland.ie/mass-isolation-publication )
- 2021, Volume I, Oath Magazine : https://www.oathmag.com/
- 2021, Fisheye Photo Review 2020.21, Fisheye Magazine: https://www.fisheyemagazine.fr/store/en/product/fisheye-photo-review-2020-21/
- 2021, Control, Format 21 Catalogue: https://formatfestival.com/product/format21-catalogue/
- 2021, In the Frame, Totally Dublin: https://www.totallydublin.ie/arts-culture/arts-culture-features/in-the-frame-kety-duran-kote/
- 2021, A New Normal, District Magazine, TLP https://www.thelibraryproject.ie/products/a-new-normal?_pos=1&_sid=b02ca82d9&_ss=r
- 2016, Photography, Ignant Magazine https://www.ignant.com/submissions/kety-duran-to-lose-ones-teeth/
- 2022, “You’re my universe”, Halftone, Dublin, Ireland, Oct 29th to Nov 27th 1
- 2022, “One day Trip”, Cultura Inquieta curator, El Verano de nuestras vidas, Madrid, Spain, Sept 23rd to Oct 30th 2
- 2022, “I know all about midnight sun”, Laura Tota curator, Liquida Grant, Lugano, Switzerland, Sept 16th to Oct 15th 3
- 2022, “One day Trip”, “Every cloud has a silver lining” and “The golder hour”, Steve Turner curator, Culture Night, Dublin, Ireland, Sept the 23rd 4
- 2022, “I know all about midnight sun”, Laura Total curator, Liquida Photo Festival, Turin, Italy, May 5th to 25th 5
- 2021, “A woman in a yellow coat”, Laura Total curator, The New Eyes, Imagination Milan, Milan, Sept 24th to 27th 6
- 2021, “Object of desire” and “Please don’t touch me”, Niamh Tracy Format International Photography Festival Coordinator, Format21 International Photography Festival, U.K, May 18th to June 27th 7
Staying away from the tumult of the crowd, lost memories and forgotten experiences emerge in a remote wild landscapes. These bits of ourselves shine outwards, like magical moonlight in the cold Irish night. How long before day turns to twilight and dusk sets in?
My understanding of feminism in relation to masculinity stems from my personal experiences developing visual dialogues for those who identify as men to engage in through self-reflection on masculinity, gender and power.
Home Life Project, 2020-2021: A photographic series that emphasize and extols the relevance of some objects that became objects of desire during the quarantine of the first wave of Covid in 2020 Losing one’s teeth, 2016: Growing is a lifetime process. It is a constant experimentation of emotions, thoughts and reflections that sometimes become almost obsessive. The everyday feelings, scents and atmospheres transform and take a new dimension. Losing one’s teeth is an instant moment of that process.
External links & References