Patricia is a fine artist and exhibition photographer currently based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
In 2011 she graduated from the Dún Laoghaire Institute of art, design and technology in Dublin with a first class honours degree in visual arts practice. In 2012 she completed a diploma in photography and digital imaging at the National College of Art and Design, Dublin. In 2016 completed a masters in contemporary art practice / photography at the university of Edinburgh and the Edinburgh college of art, Scotland.
Her fine art projects have concentrated on industrial landscapes and covered topics which hint at a constant fascination with our continuous gréwth, destruction and frequent uncertainty. in 2014 she spent eight months looking at meteorology and the forecasting of weather in Ireland with intimate access to the Irish meteorological service, met Éireann.
When she moved to Edinburgh she began focusing on the influence of our atmosphere in the production of landscape and astrophotography. this project has seen her spend time on the isle of lewis standing in the wind and rain with three cameras and a tripod.
In 2014 she began working in collaboration with astronomers and astrophysicists at the royal observatory, Edinburgh. through this collaboration her practice had dived into a domestication of the astronomical sublime where nebulae become ‘connected’ to light switches, galaxies become unreadable maps, interstellar dust clouds become ‘removable’ and a park bench becomes a viewing platform for the approach of our nearest galaxy – andromeda.
Recently she has been building galaxies from python code and exploring the cosmic microwave background with a transistor radio and a flock of starlings.
She is currently the co-producer on The Poolside Polymaths Podcast. this podcast is dedicated to all things art and science.
She also documents events such as lectures, weddings, exhibitions, gigs and music video shoots.
2021, interior and exterior exteriors, Custom House Gallery and Studios, Westport, County Mayo, Ireland
- 2018, The view from earth. the view from space, Eastside gallery, Northern Ireland Science Festival, Belfast
- 2017/18, Rua Red winter open exhibition, Dublin
- 2017, Flux at fringe arts festival 2017, Bath, UK
- 2017, Open contemporary young artist award 2017, the biscuit factory, Newcastle
- 2017, Edinburgh student arts festival, DOK artist space, Edinburgh
- 2016, Royal glasgow institute for the fine arts annual open exhibition, Glasgow
- 2016, Edinburgh college of art masters degree show, August 2016.
- 2016, Royal scottish academy, RSA open exhibition 2016, the mound, Edinburgh
- 2016, Interim ’16’, talbot rice gallery, Edinburgh
- 2015, Water on mars, the number shop gallery and studios, Edinburgh
- 2015, Lost in space, R.O.E. open doors day, the royal observatory, Edinburgh
- 2015, A world of ego close to the gods, embassy gallery, Edinburgh
- 2012, Color or colour (see spelling differences), oli’s coffee house, Wicklow
- 2012, Fourteen12, The little green street gallery, Dublin.
- 2012, Fourteen12, National college of art and design, Dublin
- 2011, RDS student art awards travelling exhibition, Dublin
- 2011, RDS student art awards, royal Dublin society, Dublin
- 2011, Visual arts practice graduate show, Dun laoghaire institute of art, design and technology, Dublin
- 2010, Casual/causal, Dun Laoghaire institute of art, design and technology, Dublin
- 2010, 50 birds 1 stone , d-light studios, Dublin
- 2009, Ever since. joint show with adrian colwell, Cavan county museum
- 2009, Barely legal’. The Mill Gallery, Dublin
- 2008, But why?’. Dun Laoghaire institute of art, design and technology, Dublin
- 2007, Miscellaneous’, Cavan county museum, County Cavan, Ireland
External links & References
- “About” Name of the Website https://patriciatallulagh.wixsite.com/pisforphotography/about